Astro Packaging stocks a wide product line of fugitive adhesives. Fugitive glue, also called credit card glue, E-z-release glue, or (colloquially) booger glue, is a low-tack adhesive that produces a removable, non-permanent joint. Fugitive adhesives form a temporary bond between two substrates and can be separated without damaging either material. There is only a minimal residue of the other material remaining on the glue, and minimal amount of damage caused to the separated surfaces. This fugitive glue is commonly referred to as temporary hold, peel-able "Credit Card Glue". This easy to use adhesive gives an instant peelable bond between most substances. Ideal for direct marketing and multiple packaging, as well as magazine, brochure, and letter inserts. The adhesives are water-based and non-hazardous.
What is fugitive glue? Answer: Fugitive glue is commonly referred to as temporary hold, peel-able "Credit Card Glue" or "Booger" glue. This easy to use adhesive gives an instant peelable bond between most substances. Fugitive glue is used when the bond is intended to be temporary so that the piece can be easily reopened by the recipient. Self-mailers are one example of fugitive glue usage, which eliminates tabbing and inserting operations. Fugitive glue is not resealable after the piece is opened. Read more:http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_fugitive_glue#ixzz1Oi7Fs7Uz
Fugitive glues are frequently available in the form of hot melt adhesives. They can be also applied in liquid form. They can also act as pressure sensitive adhesives.
- Water-based (some fugitive glues are latex-based)Modified natural rubber latex
- Viscosity variations for applicable coating methods
- Low or no VOC's
- Clean machining Dries clear
- No residual tack
Available in three different forms:
- Specialty Glue Gun with Heater Base - For low volume applications.
- Fugitive Glue Dabs - Simple, no-fuss dots of glue.
- Fugitive Glue Bricks - Used in the Commercial Dispenser.
Fugitive glues are frequently used in marketing, where some object - product sample or a return envelope - is glued to another, usually paper, object - a mailing envelope or a magazine. They tend to perform best on smooth, non-porous surfaces. Unlike adhesives used on e.g. post-it notes, the joint is not resealable.
- Credit cards to paper - Easy removal and will not tear paper or remove ink
- Direct mail industry for adhering stock to carrier paper with good hold during mailing and easy separation at destination
- Used for temporary bonding of uncoated and coated paper to itself or films
These manufactures carry fugitive glue product lines:
- Astro Packaging
- H.B. Fuller
- IFS DURAPro
- Forbo Swift