Astro Packaging carries a full line of adhesives for your Wood Working application. We offer a full range of products for almost every imaginable application within this market. Below you will find a number of different adhesive categories and a description of the available products within each category.
The name Astro Packaging stands for innovation and quality in adhesives and products for adhesive solutions for the wood products industry. You can always count on our brands for quality and strength. Partner with a team that understands your need for state-of-the-art adhesive technologies, innovative processes and services for wood bonding and assembly products
WOOD WORKING ADHESIVES
What are wood working adhesives? Answer: Substances capable of holding materials together in a useful fashion by means of surface attraction. Non-metallic substances capable of joining materials by surface bonding (adhesion), and the bond possessing adequate internal strength (cohesion). Would you like to learn more about wood glue?
Cabinet and Countertop Adhesives - Enhance your production efficiency and throughput targets with our Rapidex® reactive hot melt adhesive that supports your lean manufacturing operations. We deliver high performance and overall value with our innovative polyamides and polyurethane adhesives.
Composite Panel Adhesives - Experience the latest adhesive advancements for laminating materials to create composite panels. With varying cure rates, open times and other advanced properties, our Rapidex® reactive hot melts offer advantages in green strength and continuous processing while our water-based Rakoll® formulation enhances laminating and wrapping of unsupported polyvinyl chloride (PVD) film.
Furniture Adhesives - Meet increasing consumer demand for high quality, low cost, sustainable options, greater variety and exotic woods with our smarter adhesive technologies from our versatile product line. We partner with you to understand your needs and recommend the right solutions.
Millwork and Profile Wrap Adhesives - Put our knowledge of EVA and reactive hot melt adhesives to work for you. We collaborate with you to find just the right adhesive for your application.
Transportation Adhesives - Improved productivity, shorter lead times, less waste, reduced downtime and lower unit costs are the goals with our patented Rapidex® reactive hot melt adhesive. We deliver the high green strength and quick bond formation needed to help you make the conversion to leaner manufacturing and implement Continuous Flow Manufacturing.
Adhesives to bond wood to plastic and steel:
These versatile adhesives are widely used throughout the wood industry. Applications include general assembly, edge gluing of panels, doweling, face gluing and veneering. Our PVA formulas differ according to a number of variables. These include water resistance, color, viscosity, open time, cure time, wetability (Tg), heat resistance, and a variety of other attributes.
- Acrylic - A structural adhesive capable of bonding a broad range of substrates.
- EVA (VAE) - Laminating and assembly, may be catalyzed to impart environmental resistance.
- Natural Polymers - Casein, Dextrin based adhesives, Type III. Not for use with plastic or steel.
- PVA (Polyvinyl Acetate Emulsions) - General purpose water-based adhesive, interior use, not water-resistant.
- Rubber - Natural & Synthetic - Contact adhesives, non-structural, rigid to porous material bonding.
- Solvent Free -Water-based contacts with PVA cross links. They are non-structural and for general assembly and lamination.
- Urethane Dispersions -Create rigid bonds, are water-resistant, slow to fast-setting and have structural properties.
- Water Soluble Polymers - Solvented contact adhesives capable of bonding a broad range of substrates.
- Additional adhesive types include: Additives/Modifiers, Epoxy, Urea Resins, Polyurethanes, Cross Linking PVA, Splicer Adhesives, Resorcinol Resins, Hot Melts, Cyanoacrylates, Hot Melt PUR Contact Cements, Specialty Adhesives, Natural Adhesives, and Pressure Sensitives.
- Product Assembly
- Low Temp Packaging
- Pressure Sensitive
- Water-Based Adhesives
- Lap Glue
- Flexo Folding Adhesive
- Metallocine Hybrid
- Freezer Grade Adhesive
- High Heat Resistant